Start a new topic

Your smartphone has disconnected from Lametric Time on Iphone

Hello, i recieved my Lametric Time yesterday and i tried to connect it to my iphone 12. During the connection, I always have the same error which tells me that "Your smartphone has disconnected form Lametric Time". I also tried on Iphone X but nothing works. However, on a samsung S8, the configuration works and the Lametric is 100% operational. Do you know why it does not work on my iphone ?

Thanks for your answer 

5 people have this problem

I too have been trying on three separate apple products (iphone X, iphone 8, ipad air 2) and none of them would stay connected during the configuration stage. Wish there was a way to just configure this thing with a PC.

1 person likes this

I was in the same boat for two weeks trying everything. Reconfiguring home network, resetting phone options, etc. THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED FOR ME: putting my gateway in bridge mode and buying a new wireless router. It was instant. I didn't even need to configure anything. 

1 person likes this

Hello!

Is this a new issue after the recent update? My app did not even recognise the device on the devices list and when I reset it, I can not connect back to it at all. Super frustrating. 

I've followed all of the tips in this thread, but still no luck.

The clock works on its own displaying the date and time, but I have anbeolutely no control over it. 

PLEASE HELP!

1 person likes this

Yes, the Local Network option is enabled and the configuration is not working

I have the same problem on my iPhone but I could just login and use the device with the iOS app my MacMini M1.

Hi!

Could you please share more details on support@lametric.com? Any photos and video demonstrating your configuration process will be helpful.

Thanks.

did you figure this out.  it doesn't work on my iPhone either 

Yes, my gateway (from my Internet Provider) couldn't handle the number of devices on the wifi network. I had 2 phones, 3 computers, smart bulbs x 6, game console, printer, tv, etc. I put the router in bridge mode and bought a wifi 6 capable router. EVERYTHING RUNS SMOOTH now. 

Hello,

Same issue on iPhone ios 14.4 or 13.3.1

The lametric time is connecting to the wifi network (respond to the ping) for a few moment and reeting himself.

Can you help us ?

Regards,

Daniel

Same problem here. I've reconfigured the La Metric multiple times, rebooted router, nothing fixes the issue... For the first few days the app works then suddenly the app cannot find La Metric on the network (the device clearly us still connected to the internet/network, the apps get live updates), but the iPhone app can't find the device on the network.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wy9vW_zpXI 

Is the issue will be corrected in the app's next version ?

The only way I could get mine to work was to set it up on an android phone. Then once it was set up I could log in on my iPhone

Did you try the tips in the video ? Visibly, it has solved my problem, i could set up the appliance...

Hi!

Many thanks for your patience.

There was an issue with the connection to the device and recently we have released the new firmware update (v.2.2.1) with bug fixes.
Please follow the next steps and update your firmware:

1) Turn your device off.
2) Connect device to PC using USB cable. 
3) Start device in Recovery mode (press and hold Volume Up button and short press the On/Off button at the same time). 
4) Mount mass storage (navigate in Recovery mode to ‘MOUNT’ using Left or Right navigation buttons and confirm with Action button).
5) PC should detect new mass storage device and LaMetric will be temporarily locked.  

6) Drop the latest software file from firmware.lametric.com to the root folder of the disk drive that appeared on your PC.
7) Safely disconnect LaMetric from PC and reboot it (navigate to ‘REBOOT’ using Left or Right buttons and confirm with Action button).

8) The software will be installed automatically. The device will reboot few times.

After that try to configure your LaMetric Time. Here are links if you are on Android or iOS.

If you have any questions, please drop an email on support@lametric.com.

Thanks.

Login or Signup to post a comment