Start a new topic

How do I trigger a notification?

I'm making a "pull" app and would like it to trigger notification sounds (if enabled by the user, of course). Can't seem to find how... ?

1 person has this question

A notification gets triggered when the data changes. Is it possible to specify the specific notification sound so I can play a positive notification for one state of data and a negative notification for another?

1 person likes this

If I understood it correctly, PULL apps just show their data, when they are about to be displayed. And PUSH apps will "interrupt" the current display to show data when getting updates. So, from this point of view, you need to switch to PUSH. Unfortunately I don't know how to add sound to notifications.

Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Yep, same here. I'm making a "rain alert", so would want to trigger a notification when it's about to rain (and not when it stops, to give an example).

It seems, from my testing, that a push app only triggers a notification if the data changes. For example, on my news apps I push the RSS feed every 5 minutes but LaMetric only pops up the app (when notify is on) if the feed has changed - not every 5 minutes... that's handy and pretty neat.

It would be great to be able to send the chosen sound for the notification via the JSON push.Of course, if the user has disabled notification sounds then this should be honored, but it would be great to be able to have a different sound for positive/negative events.

Login or Signup to post a comment