Start a new topic

Notification via Browser

I tried to do the following:

- Open up a website with the browser on my desktop PC

- That website contains a javascript that tries to send a notification to my LaMetric Time using basic authentication (knowing the local IP and API key)

- The browser decides to send an OPTIONS request first because of CORS

- The browser declines the request, as:

"No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource."

Any advice?

TIA

Martin

Dear Martin,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately, currently, LaMetric Time doesn't support this.

But in order we had better understanding could you please share with us the purpose of your case? It will be helpful for our further investigations.

Thanks in advance.

Should there be any questions please drop email on support@lametric.com

Thanks for the quick reply.

Well, I have this backoffice-webpage that displays all kinds of internal information for my client. This webpage handles all kinds of security and logic in order to know who sees what information. So this webpage would have been my prefered place to send notifications to the user's LaMetric Time.

All it would have to do is respond to a OPTIONS HTTP request with the response header

access-control-allow-origin: *

(See https://developer.mozilla.org/de/docs/Web/HTTP/CORS#Preflighted_requests)

Dear Martin,

Thanks for your response.

We appreciate your idea and we'll consider it as a possibility of further implementation.

Our team is always working on improvements and strive to deliver the best quality to our customers. Please follow our Development Roadmap to stay tuned. Although sometimes we face some technical limitations we constantly work on the updates and put maximum efforts polishing core features to deliver the best product quality.  

Should there be any questions or suggestions feel free to write back to us anytime or drop email on support@lametric.com.
It would be a pleasure assisting you.

Best regards,

LaMetric Support Team

Login or Signup to post a comment