Start a new topic
Answered

Stop old IFTTT notifications

I regularly see the same IFTTT notifications over and over and over. Often the same one will repeat endlessly until a new one takes its place.

This largely makes the display of IFTTT notifications on La Metric not usable in situations where you may or may not have an alert.

In my example, I'm a Strava user. Whenever a friend has completed a ride, Strava tells La Metric to show an alert. Unfortunately that alert never stops or times out. So I may have had no friends ride in the last few days, meanwhile the IFTTT is alerting me like it just happened. 

I would expect that I would be able to perhaps tap the button on the top of the La Metric and it would clear that particular alert.

The IFTTT integration, in my opinion, is absolutely key and opens up tremendously awesome integrations possibilities. As of today, however, the implementation of it is very, very rudimentary. 

I love the form factor, the size, and especially the potential -- but I've been fooling with La Metric on and off for months now and it feels more like a very expensive digital clock than anything else. 

Best Answer
With new LaMetric Time firmware 1.6.1 a new feature is now available - Display Notification to improve IFTTT support.

Display Notification allows to get direct notifications on your LaMetric device without installing any additional apps. And once the message is scrolled out - it will be hidden from the display of LaMetric Time. Also you can configure priority of the notifications.

I have mine set to show weather alerts, so I know the feeling of the IFTTT notification needing to go away. I ended up hiding the app and having alerts for notifications. This way it scrolls once and then it's gone.
Answer
With new LaMetric Time firmware 1.6.1 a new feature is now available - Display Notification to improve IFTTT support.

Display Notification allows to get direct notifications on your LaMetric device without installing any additional apps. And once the message is scrolled out - it will be hidden from the display of LaMetric Time. Also you can configure priority of the notifications.

Login or Signup to post a comment