Start a new topic
Answered

First Impressions

(1)

Upon first receiving my LaMetric yesterday, I thought it was broken.  I opened the box and just plugged it in.  Nothing.  ( I have the power cord version )

OK, I know it has a power button on it now, but I am not sure what the power button is for?  I'd really expect the default behavior for this device to be ON.

Like most people, we just plug it in and don't want or need the documentation.  It's sorta disappointing when you need documentation.

(2) 

Broken Apps.  Twitter doesn't work.  It's trying to do the login to twitter and brings up the twitter app.  The twitter app then brings up a web login.  That brings me back to the twitter App.  (iPhone - ios9)

GMail doesn't work, either.  My attempt to configure this causes a crash in the LaMetric app.

(3) 

The heartbeat of this box seems a little fast for me.  I wish everything operated at a slower pace.  The dots on the clock should blink slower.  The horizontal scroll of the marquee display should be slower.

(4) 

Display bugs.  Or maybe display inconsistency.  The device is not consistent with how it displays stuff.  Sometimes the icons display slightly over the left margin.  You'll only see the right 2/3 of it.

When playing on bluetooth, sometimes the word "audio" will come up and interrupt what's in the marquee.

Also, I've noticed that the buttons don't always behave consistently.

(5) 

Sorry to nit pick.  The volume buttons don't need to play a tone when pressed.  It's very obvious you're pressing them as the volume UI displays.

(6)

The "User's Guide" reads like a spec.  Way too much information for me.

FINALLY.

As much as I love the potential of this device and the polish of the physical device. I appreciate what you've created very much!

The software is still a bit behind.  Apps not fully ready.  Bugs.  Missing support for IFTTT.

I work in the software world, and we would consider this a beta release.  I wish you'd made us aware of this.  Not because I am disappointed, but it makes for good PR to make your early adopters ( that's us ) aware of what's going on and where things are, what's not ready, and what's coming soon.  

Still, good work!  I look forward to what comes next.

Best Answer

Today's update made a lot of things better!  

GMail now works.

Stock Ticker now works.

Great update -- thanks for making it happen!

I don't have any of the problems described below. beside e-mails, that I didn't configured yet, all the apps work fine and I don't have any display issues. Maybe your device is defective. 

Answer

Today's update made a lot of things better!  

GMail now works.

Stock Ticker now works.

Great update -- thanks for making it happen!

I always enjoy reading documentation, it helps to understand things better.

Login or Signup to post a comment