Start a new topic
Answered

Oauth token refresh

I'm trying to get my head around Oauth and token refresh.

I've got my app setup on my LaMetric making a request to my app end point however the token is an expired token. Does the LaMetric app handle all the token refresh? Is that being done entirely on the LaMetric device itself??

Best Answer

John, you are right. LaMetric refreshes token by itself. You have to pass any errors from 3rd party services like 401 or 403 response to LaMetric in order to let it know that token is expired. Some service providers like Google may require additional "offline" access parameter in authorization url.

We have two tutorials dedicated to this topic here and here. They may be useful.

Answer

John, you are right. LaMetric refreshes token by itself. You have to pass any errors from 3rd party services like 401 or 403 response to LaMetric in order to let it know that token is expired. Some service providers like Google may require additional "offline" access parameter in authorization url.

We have two tutorials dedicated to this topic here and here. They may be useful.

perfect - a little bit of trial and error and I've got my tokens refreshing now..thanks!

Login or Signup to post a comment