Start a new topic

Android Tasker Plugin

please if there's any way you can build a plugin for Tasker app on Android that would be amazing. 

the possibilities to push information from your phone to LaMetric will be endless. 

you can send things like low battery warring or  phone is done charging. pretty much anything you can think of. 

on another note i received my device today and its really amazing, i was very very impressed by the screen quality, Auto brightness is also a very good idea. seriously you have done a great job, it was definitely worth the wait.

6 people like this idea

i'd also like to add an ability change the widget using tasker. 

change widgets automatically for example, like if you open twitter on your phone and LaMetric changes the display to the twitter widget

2 people like this

@user1306, I use Tasker combined with IFTTTs SMS and Phone Call Channel to route SMS messages to my LaMetric; kind of like a last message console. I just went thru James Edward Teague setup here. Work's like a bomb. Be patient to see your updates, as James mentions, there's some IFTTT timing delays. 

1 person likes this

This would be a very nice feature! 

Any chance this could become something?

1 person likes this
Even though I still would like to have a Tasker plugin integrated on the LaMetric Android application (so it would be easier to use for anyone), if you create an Indicator app (even private for yourself only) you can then push data to it (including icon, text and sound) and it will be displayed on your LaMetric.
Using the API and Developer keys it's not necessary to be in the LAN, it works also on the Internet (provided that the LaMetric servers are up/working).

It works very well in my case; to push data I use AutoWeb, but I think the free RESTask and HTTP Request Shortcuts should work too.

I guess this is not coming soon?

Login or Signup to post a comment