Start a new topic

Will BBC Radio stop working on my Lametric Time Radio app on 22nd March?

This morning when I was listening to Radio 4 the BBC broadcast a message they have also posted at,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/questions/supported-devices/internet-radio-closure

that I interpreted as meaning I may no longer be able to listen to BBC radio using the Lametric Time ver. 1.0.20 app after the 22nd March 2021.

Do you know if the BBC's action will stop me listening to BBC Radio on my Lametric Time, and if so is there anything that I or Lametric can do to fix this?  

1 person has this problem

Hi Neil!

Thanks for your request.

We use 3rd party radio database. And unfortunately, if BBC Radio stops playing it is also stops playing on LaMetric Time. Unfortunately, we don't have control over this. 

Thanks for bringing this information to our notice.  If you have any other questions, please drop an email on support@lametric.com. We'll be glad to help.

Have a nice day!

Hi Christine,

back in March before the BBC stopped using the original BBC Radio 4 URL, I opened the LaMetric Time app, clicked on the image of a Lametric Time, clicked on the Radio App symbol then on 'Radio Stations', followed by the '+' symbol and 'Custom Stream URL', and inputted the title and a 'Stream URL' from the list at https://gist.github.com/bpsib/67089b959e4fa898af69fea59ad74bc3#file-bbc-radio-m3u and its played fine ever since. Would be interested to know if this works for you.

Best of luck, Neil 

I note that BBC Radio 4 does indeed no longer work on my pre-2022 LaMetric Time LM 37X8 (also with the URL suggested by Neil Hardiman above) however it does work on my post-2022 LaMetric Time sa8. However, the URL that works on the sa8 does not work on the LM 37X8.

I also note that the Radio URL database for the sa8 appears to show different and more stations than the LM 37X8.

Is there any way of updating an LM 37X8 to sa8 technology?

Hi @Ralph,

Thanks for your question.

As we received feedback from our customers about supporting HLS streams, we tried to make some improvements to LaMetric TIME OS.

We have done an investigation with LaMetric TIME devices manufactured till 2022 and from 2022+, comparing the possibility of adding HLS streams support. As a result, we could do this only for LaMetric TIME devices manufactured from 2022+, because they have another operation system, that allowed this, compared with LaMetric TIME devices manufactured till 2022.
So, that means, in order to listen more radio stations that support HLS streams it needs to have LaMetric device with an improved OS.

But we are always working on improvements and strive to deliver the best quality to our customers. Recetly, we started our summer business sale.  We are glad to offer you a special discount code "BACKTOSCHOOL" for 15% off for ordering LaMetric device. Please use the code at the checkout page when placing the order. 

Discount code expires on the 4th of September. 

Also, we invite you to follow us on social media and subscribe to the newsletter on our website https://lametric.com/en-US to stay tuned for the freshest news and updates. 

Login or Signup to post a comment