Start a new topic
Answered

Screensaver by time does not work (Android)

Setting the screensaver by time does not seem to work, at least on Android. It never activates, nor does it save the start or end time, of you change it, in the app. It's also not clear how to change the screensaver app from anything but clock.

Best Answer

@JP Currently you can choose only one app for the Screen Saver (Clock). Please note that Screen Saver becomes available only if Auto­Brightness is enabled.

If the issue persists please send us your device logs (open Manage Device screen on your Lametric Time smartphone app and tap menu icon, tap Support, select LaMetric you have a problem with and send an email with device information).

Answer

@JP Currently you can choose only one app for the Screen Saver (Clock). Please note that Screen Saver becomes available only if Auto­Brightness is enabled.

If the issue persists please send us your device logs (open Manage Device screen on your Lametric Time smartphone app and tap menu icon, tap Support, select LaMetric you have a problem with and send an email with device information).

My Brightness is set to Auto-brightness
(...although that in itself is misleading if the screensaver Activation is set to "Time-based" and not "When dark" what difference should this setting make?)

Then I change Start time to 10:00pm and End Time to 7:00am

and then as soon as you tap <-- to go back to settings, and then tap Display again, you'll find Start time goes right back to the default of 11:00pm

...seems to be app problem, not LaMetric hardware problem.

I have the exact same issue. Sometimes it's working, meaning the clock screensaver starts for a couple of minutes or hours but inbetween it just stops an goes back to normal operating

Hi guys,

We have released a new version of LaMetric Time firmware (v.1.7.1). Screensaver issues should be fixed. Check it out!

Please make sure your smartphone app is the latest version too.

Hi, 

thanks for the quick update. Unfortunately the issue is still there. I updated both the firmware and the android app.

I use 24h time format and the problem maybe lays here somewhere. I use the screensaver from 22:30 to 7:00. It starts correctly at 22:30 but always at 00:00 it switches off on itself.

I tried all sorts of values but it's always the same result. After 00:00 the screensaver can't be switch on again. Even if I change the values after. So my guess it's maybe the time format

Yeah, still doesn't work at all for me either.

Shouldn't have to specify 24hr time format, what is this the 1980s?

I have the same issue..

I haven't been able get this working, and the two latest software updated haven't solved the issue.

I use 24h format, and i've tried many different start and end times. Sometimes it starts the screensaver, but after a couple of hours it turns the clock on again. Last night it didn't work at all, and i had to alter the setting to "when dark" to be able to sleep.

hey, I appreciate the fast response in types of rolling out updates but like Mikkel said it hasn't fixed the problem yet. The screen is way too bright for sleeping and changing it every time back from the 'when dark' option back to screensaver off is pretty damn annoying.
Same here as well, doesn't work at all. It seemed to working once and than never again 24H format ios. Essential feature please fix it.
Same problem here with latest firmware 1.7.2.
I returned my lametric because it's still not fixed and no response for over three weeks. maybe I buy one again when this is solved
I have the Same problem with 1.7.3 It Starts correctly at 22:00, but switches off the screensaver at 00:00 by itself, but should use the screensaver to 5am in the morning. Would you please fix that problem?
Same here, with 1.7.3 it is starting to work until 0:00, which is better than under 1.7.2, where it doesn't work at all. Maybe with 1.7.4 it may be full functional :-)

Hey guys,

New firmware will fix the issue. It's coming soon.

Login or Signup to post a comment