Start a new topic
Answered

Only show app when notification happens?

Is it possible when writing an app to ONLY have it appears when a notification appears?  For example, in the Gmail app when a new email is received it shows that notification right away... which is great.  But then I see the GMail app as part of the normal scroll process as well.  I only want to see the app when there's new notifications.

I understand the GMail app can't be modified, it'd have to be a new app... I'm just using the GMail app as a example.  The question is if it's possible to have an app written such that it only shows up when a new notification is received?

Best Answer

Guys, we just released new firmware 1.2.0 with feature that allows to skip any widget in autoscroll mode. In combination with "Notification" option of GMail app or any other app it is possible to see only notifications. 

2 people have this question

I second this!

Answer

Guys, we just released new firmware 1.2.0 with feature that allows to skip any widget in autoscroll mode. In combination with "Notification" option of GMail app or any other app it is possible to see only notifications. 

Fantastic news!!  I'll test it out when I get home.

But Notification using the API, even with priority "info" is not added in rolling display. If I display it with count=0 I didn't see anymore the other App from the auto-scroll display.

How do display a notification as part of the rolling display, and display it only when trigered until button is press?

Login or Signup to post a comment