Start a new topic
Implemented

IFTT

Can't wait for IFTT intergration, I think it will give the lametric a lot more power. For instance, IF the LA Lakers are playing, then send live scores to Lametric display.

Even some smart home integration, IF doorbell is pressed, play tone and display doorbell icon/text.

Keep up the great work guys, you're on the verge of something awesome!

11 people like this idea

@James, got it working, the ingredient was available when I edited the recipe, perfect!

@James, quick question... I noticed that LaMetric seems to display the Wordpress title on its own line, before scrolling the body text, which is pretty cool, I don't see anything special in the JSON of my stream, how do you do this?

Thank you so much James for the tutorial, and I now have another twitter account, as a trigger to send messages to my device.

I have some php code that sorts out birthdays (first one coming, etc), but I cannot get the URL format for the APP to accept the feed. I keep getting the WRONG DATA FORMAT when putting my URL (POLL). Can you share that bit of your code so that I can replicate it?

@mark I have actually placed spaces between the title and body text to create the effect. The JSON includes the spaces, but doesn't appear immediately obvious if viewing in a browser! The beauty of this system now is that it untethers your lametric from your wifi if you like - you can be anywhere in the world and have your IFTTT channel trigger your lametric to display whatever you like... (Currently you can only do this via the lametric app whilst connected to the same network as your lametric)

and amazing work... 

@James, got it working. Excellent instructions. 

Looking forward 

Thanks James, Lametric + WordPress IFTTT channel works like charm for me! 

I noticed that firmware 1.0.25 just became available. The release notes say it supports IFTTT, they just waiting for IFTTT to approve LaMetric channel. 

I just wish I could either exclude the app from auto scroll, or alternatively reset the app text back to a default (as once I've seen what is essentially a notification from IFTTT, I don't want to see it over and over again)

Cant wait, will completely open up the useful potential

Thank you for developing it :)

Hi James, I've tried a few times now and have not recevied the confirmation email after registering, i've also tried the forgot password option. Username registered was "jamesroseuk" . Could you have a check when you have a moment, would love to test this extensivly. Thanks :)

@James, I went back to change the IFTTT word press settings, to change what get's displayed on the LaMetric. I created a new Wordpress action with trigger on the new words, a new LaMetric Indicator App with different icon, unpublished the previous one, and installed the new one, but for some reason, the original content from my test is the only thing that displays. Any idea what I might have done wrong? Is there some cache that's not refreshing possibly? On my mobile device, I can scroll thru all the different default apps, but when I select the one with the newly coloured icon indicating a change, it loads the first first published LaMetric Indicator app. It almost looks as though there's something stuck in the LaMetric device.

@James Rose - The confirmation emails are being sent to peoples junk mail (spam) folder. You need to check there and find the email. The emails are sent from 'hello@littledinky.com' so you could also add this to your list of emails which bypass your junk folder, then click to resend the verification email. If you are still getting issues, leave your Skype addy on here and il add you to discuss.

@Grant - The icon you select for your new app will only have an effect on the icon within your Lametric Time app. My server overrides whatever icon you selected to the IFTTT icon automatically, hence why all messages are sent with the IFTTT icon no matter what icon you select. When you create an account at lametric.littledinky.com it will create you a unique stream. This stream always displays the last message sent to it via IFTTT, so even if you create a new lametric app, you are always connecting to your unique stream, and hence why its displaying the old data. There is no cache. If you wish to discuss this further, leave your Skype addy.

I have added a couple of photos to the setup instructions page for the bits that people seem to be getting confused over. Hopefully this helps...

Login or Signup to post a comment