Start a new topic
Implemented

IFTT

Can't wait for IFTT intergration, I think it will give the lametric a lot more power. For instance, IF the LA Lakers are playing, then send live scores to Lametric display.

Even some smart home integration, IF doorbell is pressed, play tone and display doorbell icon/text.

Keep up the great work guys, you're on the verge of something awesome!

11 people like this idea

James,

Thanks much for doing this.  I signed up on your site.  I'm going to work through the instructions when I get home tonight and play with it.

One question: Am I correct in my understanding that there isn't a way to specify a specific icon per message, correct?

I can add this functionality from my end if this is something that is highly requested. I won't get time to work on this until next week though. Please let me know how you get on setting this up!

Confirmed emails go to spam

Yup - they seem to go to spam/junk mail - but I have already mentioned this. Not an issue. Let me know if you have success setting it up!
Tricky but I got it to run. Thanks for your great effort and extraordinary setup instructions.

I think I've managed to get it working, thank you!

It would be nice to have some examples of how we can use this, is that a possibility? Inspiration so to speak... ;-)

Glad you got it working! You can chose to use it however you wish really.. I set mine up so that whenever I leave work it pushes a message to the lametric to say I'm on my way home!

Works like a charm - Thank you

It displays about 4 and a half times on mine, then goes back to autoscroll (which I previously enabled) so I get the time weather and an IFTT trigger - Perfect.

I would be interested in what triggers people are using.  I set my to trigger on new email, for testing, now I'm thinking ahead and wondering If I can use this with HomeKit or similar

Just out of interest, has anyone found a IFTTT compatible doorbell?

I must be half asleep as I can't work it out  :/

Once I have connected word press, Im not sure how to build the rest of the IFTTT 
recipe. Don't stress though, I can wait for my brain cells to wake up and try again or for the smart atoms version.

Sam,

Are you doing what I did first of all and setting this up as the THIS trigger rather than the THAT action?

For testing I set up a gmail trigger and linked that as the trigger, then you can set up the action, the instruction work, read each paragraph first to understand the steps.  You'll get there

I'm right in saying we setup a 'do' wordpress recipe for each notification we want to fire, correct? i.e. one for "I'm arriving home", one for "I'm leaving", each with it's own title and body...

I'm trying to figure out if, or how, I can integrate it with my Plex home media system. Currently I have a program connected to Plex that sends out emails when a movie is started or stopped, and I currently use hashtags in the email titles (#started, #stopped, #paused) to trigger ifttt events such as dimming my hue lights etc. I'm presuming however that it's not possible to inject things into the LaMetric notification, for example the email subject or body, so I could for example have LaMetric scroll the movie being played, or the user playing the file?

Mark you are correct - you need to set up one IFTTT recipe per action. Is your plex system able to dynamically call an url or post to an url? If so, I can build this functionality for you.. Sam - The 'do' part of the recipe needs to be set to Wordpress. Eg. IF (something) THEN WordPress.

@james I'm afraid that's not an option... I can inject many dynamic pieces of information into the email (stream type, movie, user etc etc) but url doesn't seem to be an option.

I can however use other types of notification, I wonder if these allow some kind of workaround?

@Mark - Can't you add a new recipe which triggers on the hash tags you already use, but set the action to Wordpress so it pushes to Lametric?
Login or Signup to post a comment