Start a new topic
Implemented

IFTT

Can't wait for IFTT intergration, I think it will give the lametric a lot more power. For instance, IF the LA Lakers are playing, then send live scores to Lametric display.

Even some smart home integration, IF doorbell is pressed, play tone and display doorbell icon/text.

Keep up the great work guys, you're on the verge of something awesome!

11 people like this idea

Mark you are correct - you need to set up one IFTTT recipe per action. Is your plex system able to dynamically call an url or post to an url? If so, I can build this functionality for you.. Sam - The 'do' part of the recipe needs to be set to Wordpress. Eg. IF (something) THEN WordPress.

@james I'm afraid that's not an option... I can inject many dynamic pieces of information into the email (stream type, movie, user etc etc) but url doesn't seem to be an option.

I can however use other types of notification, I wonder if these allow some kind of workaround?

@Mark - Can't you add a new recipe which triggers on the hash tags you already use, but set the action to Wordpress so it pushes to Lametric?

@james, perhaps I'm being silly as I'm pretty much an IFTTT noob (I rely mostly on my home automation systems usually). How can I do this and have LaMetric display data that contains the dynamic data, rather than a fixed title and body?

I don't get it to work

im trying to get a notify when i get an sms from a specific mobile number.

Is this possible

and what do i have to type in the wordpress tittle and body?

Has anyone managed to be able to trigger a notification to appear on the LaMetric? I've got everything registered and configured (LaMetric apps installed too). IF notifications appear on my iOS ok but nothing appearing on LaMetric...? Any ideas?
We have just published IFTTT apps in LaMetric Store: IFTTT Display and IFTTT Button. We would like our backers to try LaMetric IFTTT integration before official channel launch. If you find some issues, just send email with the description of the issue on support@lametric.com. Thanks!
@mark - when filling in the title/body of the Wordpress post, click on the little recipe bottle icon - it will give you access to dynamic content such as the body of the email, the subject line of the email etc. You could get your plex to write an email and put the 'now watching' details in the body of the email, and then use the above message to push the body of the email to your lametric via IFTTT. Does this make sense?
@mark I can voice chat on Skype if you need some help...?

Great news!  How do we get the IFTTT.com to allow us to connect to our device before the official channel launch?

Friends, LaMetric IFTTT channel is LIVE

@James I appreciate the offer and will certainly give you a shout if I continue to struggle... I'm going to give the body approach another shot now - last time I tried to insert an ingredient into the wordpress title / body it didn't seem to give an appropriate option bar a URL and a load of map related options!

I tried getting it to work at my end and got it 1st time! Seems straight forward. Let me know if you want me to talk you through it.

Just use https://goo.gl/s7w2LY to activate channel.

Login or Signup to post a comment