Start a new topic
Implemented

Direct send json to the metric

Hello

During kickstarter question its told that its possible to directly send data to the lametric via internal ip address.

So NOT via IFTTT but directly, lots of people have own steering and dont want to go in the cloud.

Please tell how this is possible

regards & thanks

ps: via mail i asked this question already and not getting the right answer :-(

just referring to IFTTT is not the answer.

8 people like this idea

LaMetric is a small company, I can accept these things take time.  If nothing else, the forum serves as what's popular/important to us the users (the purchasers) of the product.

I'm sure IFTTT was "important" to the home user/soccer mom types, but not to those of us more technical, who may realize it's a trainwreck of an implementation; overly complex, insecure, bandwidth wasteful, and requires dependency on working Internet and a 3rd party service.  Now that they've accomplished that, hopefully they will circle back to local LAN communication.

Every project I've supported via Kickstarter has delays, setbacks, and changes, you absolutely have to know/expect that going in, or don't bother backing.  Kickstarter could care less to "help" after the funding is done, they just want to scrape some $$ off the top for facilitating the project, then wash their hands of it.

The best we can hope for is to remain "vocal" via email, other places online, and this forum, in hopes that LaMetric realizes local LAN communication without Internet dependency is still important to us users.

2 people like this

They didn't close it... it's in the NEWS section.  Posts there can't ever be commented on.  The end result is the same of course, but they didn't specifically close it.  And someone else started a new thread about the road map so that users can comment.  You commented in that once yourself.

No, all the promises are not there... they were providing some information for users who were asking for info.  I'm quite sure that the roadmap wasn't intended as a complete and total list of everything they will do and anything not on the map won't get done.

No, I'm definitely not LaMetric.  I'm probably not quite as upset as others because I don't intend (at least currently) to direct send data.  That said, I am still waiting for some features that aren't there yet and so not "fulfilled" completely myself.

And yes, these forums DO serve a purpose:

a.) User-to-user discussion:  These can range from helping others if you solved a problem that they are having trouble with to tips and tricks on how to make their experience better to asking general questions.

b.) Dissemination of information:  IE: The NEWS section.  There's not enough there, but there has been SOME information that has been given to us through that section.

c.) Feedback for LaMetric:  Even if they aren't responding as quickly or completely as we'd like, one hopes at least that they are reading and forums here gathering data on what users are requesting.  Obviously this "benefit" assumes that LaMetric is reading... if they aren't, well... then this benefit is useless.

But you're right... this doesn't solve your problem.  I guess I wasn't intending to solve your problem cause I'm not a LaMetric Employee (check some of my earlier posts where I'm asking others for help on things if you think I'm an employee) nor do I have any significant JSON knowledge... amateur ability at best there.

Rather, I was just trying to address a couple of specific things you said about the purpose of the forum, or wanting a roadmap or your desire to complain to KickStarter.

Again: Please do NOT misunderstand me here... you have every right to be bother by the fact that LaMetric is late in fulfilling their promises.  All I'm trying to say is: This isn't unusual for KickStarter projects, at least in my experience.  Hopefully things get better, in my experience with past projects they have.  Be civil and accurate in your criticism.

Oh, and don't waste your time complaining to KickStarter.  It wouldn't do a lick of good.

IFTTT was probably easier to implement, which is why they went for that first. I'll agree their communication has been lackluster, but I have occasionally seen evidence that they are paying attention to these forums.

As a backer of 97 projects, over 30 of which were hardware/electronics projects, I can safely say that very, very few hardware projects actually meet their stated delivery timeframes or design expectations (most fail on both, and I don't think any have met both). The better ones do continue to work on their technology after shipping to bring them up to expectations, and from what I've seen here LaMetric is working on it, if only at a glacial pace.

I have the same with kickstarters, have backed many. And only few meet all the promises. Thats why we need to complain here. And complaining about it to Kickstarters might help in the future cases. 

it probably will not help here with lametric. They will not open up the intranet for this device, that is for sure now! They want to use the lametric servers as only option. Its very easy to open this up.

Thats why they keep there mouth shut and not communicate at all.

Other way what will happen is that we hack it, dont need them anymore. Projects regarding this i have seen allready

btw: lametric support adjusted the above comment from 2 months ago, this was not there

You can use Intranet URLs in LaMetric Developer. In such case data communication will avoid LaMetric server. 

Update - at the moment LaMetric Developer has an issue when Intranet URL is used(https://lametric.freshdesk.com/discussions/topics/6000017557), coming update will fix it soon.

the lametric is useless for me if you can't control it locally, why did you ruin your product ? very strange..

2 people like this

Dear lametric

CAN YOU GIVE AN UPDATE ON THIS PLEASE!!

we are loosing our patience now

Hey guys,

Wanted to inform you that we just released new firmware 1.5.0 and we have local push feature there. More details here. Local API mimics the one that you use to push data to cloud. Comments are appreciated.

Thank you!

2 people like this

I notice the local push URL is https . Is there http push capability as well, for implementations that do not like untrusted certificates?

Yes, in this case you should push to http://<your_ip>:8080/...

2 people like this

finally guys, i can unpack them now and install:-)

will give it a test now

thanks!

@lametric - good to see progress being made on this... Can we have an update on the roadmap...? Thanks

can you tell exact how to do it? what is the exact url in this sample

i have this below (the token is a fake)

getting a 404

var request = require('request');

var token = "MDQ2ZjNlY2NYjVkNjdhYzI1NGMzMzk0YTFmZjA5MA==";

var url = 'http://10.0.0.116:8080/api/V1/dev/widget/update/'

var postData = JSON.stringify({

"frames": [

{

"index": 0,

"text": "Hallo Piknwir",

"icon": "i275"

}

]

});

console.log(postData);

request({

url: url,

method: 'POST',

headers: {

'Accept': 'application/json',

'X-Access-Token': token,

'Cache-Control': 'no-cache'

},

body: postData

}, function(error, response, body){

if(error) {

console.log(error);

} else {

console.log(response.statusCode, body);

}

});

Dear Knuvers,

The way it works is almost the same as if you push via cloud. First you should create "Indicator App". 

Choose communication type to be "push".

Then create UI structure and publish app privately. After that install your app to your device. Now you can push data directly to the app using URL like this: http://<lametric_ip_address>:8080/api/v1/dev/widget/update/<app_package_name>/<app_version>.

Exact local URL is available in your application details tab on developer.lametric.com.

In your particular case your URL is missing app package name in the URL. Also I want to draw your attention that ../v1/.. part should have letter 'v' in lower case.

Hope it helps.

1 person likes this

ok i did that

why is com.lametric.xxxx still in the local link?

this looks like the local push is still going to lametric servers?

https://10.0.0.116:4343/api/v1/dev/widget/update/com.lametric.529fe44e85bedf/1

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment