Start a new topic
Answered

LaMetric expensive in the EU, pricedrop anytime soon?

Topic says it all, guys.

I've been following LaMetric ever since I first found out about it (unforunately, that was after the Kickstarter) and I would really love to get a unit. However, what (still) keeps me from is...

• ... the staggering asking price of $189 USD (about as much as an Xbox 360 500 GB + Forza Bundle om Amazon!)
  • ... shipping to the EU from Hong Kong
  • ... and on top of that, the EU 25% sales tax plus custom fees

Moreover, since the USD to EUR exchange rate is anything but favorable, I still really can't justify getting a LaMetric.

With all of this in mind, is a decent price drop expected anytime soon?

Best Answer

Hi guys! We are happy to have so many fans in Europe! 

We will search for the ways to decrease a shipping cost and make our European customers happy!

@Lamy, Currently we ship with couriers only and it takes 2-5 days to deliver LaMetric from Hong Kong to the EU. You will get your device in a few days!:)

Hello,

also I follow LaMetric since I have experienced it. Unfortunately LaMetric is too expensive for the EU. 

With tax and customs duties LaMetric costs around 25% more.

In addition, a supply of Hong Kong takes about 6 weeks. :-(

Will there be a dealer in Germany? Or is there for LaMetric a discount, so that a purchase is worthwhile? 

A manual in German I would greatly appreciate it.

2 people like this

There is currently two. But surely there are more EU Fans! And everyone is waiting for a sign ...

Hopefully positively ;-)

1 person likes this
Hello! A great pleasure to follow this topic as at least we're 3 in the EU with similar € concern & cannot play with this lovely gadget! I'm a big fan as well since day one so any price drop will be great! @LAmetric: you guys have no option rather than to offer us a discount coupon & we place an order!  Please shoot us an update Thanks

1 person likes this
Answer

Hi guys! We are happy to have so many fans in Europe! 

We will search for the ways to decrease a shipping cost and make our European customers happy!

@Lamy, Currently we ship with couriers only and it takes 2-5 days to deliver LaMetric from Hong Kong to the EU. You will get your device in a few days!:)

1 person likes this

LaMetric - you can't argue with Cyber Bob, now can you? :) Feel the pressure - your European fans want to be part of the heard, so please make sure that price drop becomes a reality this spring!

1 person likes this
@Stuffy, you made my day!!
With this terror happening almost everyday (e.g.  Paris in Nov, today in Brussels etc), It should be almost part of a survival kit for everyone on this planet 8-)
Like "  Any "bad news" --> Real time notification on the device -
@LaMetric, send us the beast for free & will do some evangelist job for you! That's a deal?!

1 person likes this

Thank you dear LaMetric Support,

This message sounds very good, I'll wait until LaMetric found a way has EU Fans opposed to get something.

1 person likes this

nach wie vor hätte ich Interesse an La Mectric, aber ich kann nicht wirklich sehen das es Fortschritte gibt.
Weder einen Support oder Forum in Deutsch noch irgend etwas wo man sagen könnte jetzt schlage ich zu.

Also warten wir weiter bis es Attraktiver wird.

Einfach bei amazon.de bestellen, im Moment noch 19 auf Lager ;)

LaMetric - awesome! Please keep a unit for me, too - can't wait to place my order once you make your deliveries EU friendly!

Hallo,

Ich habe mir mal die Mühe gemacht und recherchiert wie hoch die Einfuhrkosten nach Deutschland sind. Auch die Kosten für Zoll und Einfuhrumsatzsteuer. Vielleicht interessiert es ja die jenigen welche mit dem Gedanken spielen ein LaMetric zu kaufen und nicht vor vollendeten Tatsachen stellen werden möchten. 

Selbstverständlich sind diese Informationen ohne jegliche Gewähr.

Die Berechnung setzt sich wie folgt zusammen:

199,00    Dollar Kaufpreis              

25,00      Dollar Versand 

224,00    Gesamtpreis          Rechnungswert (tatsächlich gezahlter Preis + Versand = Zollwert

4,70%                                   Drittlandszollsatz

10,53      Dollar                    Zollwert * Drittlandzollsatz = zu zahlender Zoll

234,53    Zwischensumme            

19%  für Deutschland          Zollwert + Zoll = Einfuhrumstazsteuer

44,56      Einfuhrumstazsteuer   

279,09    Dollar Gesamtpreis       

Zu achten ist, dass wenn ein Paket länger beim Zoll liegenbleibt entstehen zusätzliche Kosten.

Weiterführende Informationen findet man unter:

Http://www.zoll.de/DE/Privatpersonen/Postsendungen-Internetbestellungen/Sendungen-aus-einem-Nicht-EU-Staat/Zoll-und-Steuern/Internetbestellungen/internetbestellungen_node.html#doc17380bodyText4

Any news about better shipping for customers in the EU? Would love to buy one but the cost is just to high right now...

Um zu berechnen wie hoch die Einfuhrkosten nach Deutschland sind benötige ich die Aktuellen Versandkosten von LaMatric. Ich hatte auch schon eine E-Mail an den Support geschrieben, aber bis jetzt noch keine Antwort erhalten. Warum die Versandosten beim Bestellvorgang nicht mit angezeigt werden kann ich leider nicht nachvollziehen. Aber vielleicht antwortet ja der LaMetric Support wenn man ins Forum schreibt.

To calculate the import costs to Germany, I need the current shipping costs of LaMatric. I had already written an e-mail to the support, but until now no answer received. Why the shipping costs are not shown with the order process, I unfortunately can not understand. But perhaps the LaMetric support answers when you write to the forum.

$25 - einfach deine Adresse im Formular eingeben und fortfahren, dann werden die Versandkosten angezeigt. Du startest damit noch keinen Kauf-Prozess.

Login or Signup to post a comment